The Family Member Employment Assistance Program (FMEAP) is dedicated to assisting military family member’s acquire the career of choice through the use of one or more program resources (employment related referral services, physical resources, career assessments, career coaching, portable career opportunities, and referral resources).
FMEAP assist patrons in networking with employers and employment related resources internally and externally to the military community.
FMEAP provides access to equipment and tools to support military spouses’ and dependent family members’ employment related needs. Available for patron usage is free computers, printer and fax.
Career planning support through interests, skills, and work values assessments can assist family members in self-awareness and making informed decision about their future. FMEAP provides in-depth career and education assessments that can help patrons with their individual career development plan.
Assistance is available in portable careers, resume composition, job interview techniques, job fair preparation, networking, career assessments, dress for success, and job searching.
FMEAP is available to assist patrons in identifying education and career referral service whether they be located globally in the military or civilian community.
- Resume Writing: learn types of resumes, essential contents, and most suitable format to present your accomplishments
- Job Interview Techniques: learn to interview effectively and confidently Know How to Prepare for an Interview: dress for success, what to say, what to ask, and employer’s commonly asked questions
- Federal Application Information: understand the complicated application process (including RESUMIX) and learn about Federal employment opportunities
- Staff Assisted Computerized Job Search
- Education and Training Resources Opportunities
- Volunteer Opportunities
- ADECCO Career Accelerator
How can the Family Member FMEAP services assist me?
- Learn about the current labor market, average salary, and wage trends in your area
- Know the right questions to ask the employer during the interview
- Highlight resume accomplishments and adapting to various styles those employers are seeking and/or what format may fit your situation
- Know effective negotiation techniques for salaries/wages and benefits
- Know how to fill the gap between periods of unemployment
How do I learn more about FMEAP?
Family members can contact their local FMEAP offices at their respective Marine Corps location. There are numerous effective family member programs available Corps-wide. FMEAP has many initiatives to help family members find employment after relocation with the active duty service members.
How can the FMEAP help me?
- Offers services to meet the employment assistance needs of family members
- Helps clearly identify goals and necessary steps to achieve them
- Provides job search guidance to focus on the important aspects of your job search plan
- Provides one-on-one employment assistance counseling
Can the FMEAP find me employment?
FMEAP is not an employment agency and does not make job placements. However, FMEAP provides a liaison/referral service to local and national employers.